I’ve shared these homemade bagels on my Instagram stories a few times before but it’s time I share the SUPER easy recipe with you on here!
Only 5 Ingredients!
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (use less if using table salt)
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (it has to be Greek)
- 1 egg
- Any toppings you’d like! (The ones we made today had cheese and Everything Bagel Seasoning!)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place parchment (not wax) paper on a baking sheet. Spray with oil to avoid sticking.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder + salt. Whisk well. Add the yogurt and mix with a fork until well combined, it will look like small crumbles. (Make sure to add the yogurt to the dry mixture, not the other way around!)
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky, but not sticky, about 15 turns. It should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away. (I personally just powder my hands and roll/form within my hands rather than on the table).
- Roll each ball into 3/4-inch thick ropes and join the ends to form bagels. (or you can make a ball and poke a hole in the center then stretch it slightly)
- Top with egg wash and sprinkle with seasoning of your choice. Bake on the top rack of the oven for 18-20 minutes. (If you make them smaller, make sure to peek at them and make sure they’re not getting too brown). Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting.
*Tweaked recipe from @skinnytaste