I know what you’re thinking…. “UM, WHAT?”
I thought the same thing, trust me. I had to try them for myself. I baked them and then fed them to my family without disclosing the fact that they were made from beans. Do you know what happened? Everyone loved them.
Trust me! I’ve shared this recipe in the past on my Instagram. My followers tried them and got back to me and they only had great things to say! The original recipe is from one of my favorites, Chocolate Covered Katie. I’ve made the directions a little more concise below so you don’t have to scroll and scroll to get to the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed well)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, honey, or agave
- pinch uncut stevia OR 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (homemade vanilla recipe)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips (Not optional, these are a must)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Blend well.
- Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut. If they still look a bit undercooked, you can place them in the fridge overnight and they will magically firm up! *Makes 9-12 brownies*